Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Late Medieval Swiss Army collection.

Here is my Swiss army collection, all together for the first time.  I decided to get straight on with the photos. In a era of perry plastic multi part figure sets, i am rather pleased to have limited the plastic in this collection to a half dozen or so plastic head replacements, with everything else metal. a mix of Perry and foundry Swiss being the theme from start to finish. I have nothing against Perry plastics of course, i have seen to much great work done with them, they are just not for me!
  The perry metal Swiss head set was a real boon, and fitted perry and foundry alike, helping enormously to give the army an overall Swiss look!
   I have completed my first goal of the year, and look to the next goals, the Italian wars in 15mm, and Swiss/Burgundians in 15mm.

Thankyou to all who have followed and given kind comments as this has slowly grown the last two and a half years, it has been very much appreciated and helped me to see it through, cheers!

I have done my best to get some decent photos, hope you enjoy them.

















30 comments:

  1. Spectacular job Chris! There is nothing quite like a completed army assembled and arrayed with banners flying. I think the dynamics and density of the pike blocks work really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Oli, and thanks for the comments you have made throughout this armies creation!

      Delete
  2. A Most Gergeous, impressive and stunning looking army !! I take my hat off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swisses were my first army of tin tell-tales. I dream to make her again. Your army looks excellently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, and for all your supportive comments in the past!

      Delete
    2. no worries ;o) Chris, you are, on my list, one of five top class miniature painters perhaps one of three!

      Keep brushing Chris!

      cheers,

      Delete
  5. Beautiful army. I am definitely feeling the Bern about your Swiss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a fantastic spectacle of beautifully painted miniatures!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Christopher, and for past comments on this collection!

      Delete
  7. Awesome to see these lads all together. It's been a pleasure to watch your collection grow. Outstanding work sir!

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your comments Kevin, glad you liked the final photos!

      Delete
  8. Superbly done, Chris! This is definitely a labor of love - with each figure given so much individual character. Simply wonderful and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, for all the comments, yes i guess it has been a labour of love!

      Delete
  9. Hello,
    Superb army !!!
    Nikko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris. Can only echo previous comments - a fantastic looking army and a benchmark & great reference point for me to use when I finally get on with mine.
    Very satisfying moment for you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou kindly Simon, most satisfying indeed. And thankyou for your own Burgundian collection which is a great inspiration to all!

      Delete
  11. Magnificent army! Thanks for taking the time to photo them all together they look great.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou kindly Iain, glad you like them!

      Delete