Saturday, 27 June 2015

Francis I and 15mm french Gendarmes.

These are some of the Essex 15mm Gendarmes I ordered, to make a start on the Renaissance period,  they are superb little sculpts and at just over £20 including postage for 18 of these little beauties you cannot grumble at the price too!
   The French king is to the right of the Royal banner bearer and I based the decoration of rider and horse on the work of art in ospreys battle of Pavia p90-91
They have moulded on lances which are very sturdy and strong compared to the mirliton burgundian knights lances ,and the flags are the 15mm paper flags from petes flags.
Have a nice weekend all!

16 comments:

  1. Awesome Chris! lovely detail work!

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job, so finely detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning details for 15mm figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having painted some 15s myself lately only served to increase my amazement of your results above. Truly great painting Chris! This collection will look absolutely fantastic when massed on a gaming table! Have you started to look into terrain in 15 too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Soren, yes indeed I have, I have been looking at terrain boards, trees, bushes and buildings, but for now the main thing is building the armies, which is very much in its infancy!!!

      Delete
  5. Excellent work, I wish I could do as well in 28mm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning work Chris!!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete