Thursday, 29 January 2015

Swiss. Last six of the second Pike bloc.

This is the last six Swiss to complete this second Pike bloc of 59 figures. Now all I need to do is motivate my self for the large basing job in hand, after which I will photo them together and also together with the first one I did.
 
Having completed two largish Swiss Pike formations, I am looking to expanding this force even further, to include a smaller third formation of about 32 figures, perhaps comprised of Halberdiers, or a 50/50 mix of pike and halberdiers which I guess could form  the Nachhut or rearward.
 
Until then I will be building motivation to delicately sand and paint around 59 pairs of little feet!



16 comments:

  1. Great stuff, I look forward to seeing the whole block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree - they look very impressive and its good to get thru them - they'll be great when all based up. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always great stuff. I may have missed an earlier post but are you painting these up for a certain battle or gaming system?

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin, not for any rules or regulations ,i paint and base them in a way i like them to look!

      Delete
  4. More superb pikemen. Lovely to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work yet again! Like all the rest of your pike blocks these will look superb all ranked up together and finished!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely brushwork Chris!!

    I bet you're relieved to get all those pikemen out of the way? Have you thought of adding any Handgunners to the block? ;>)

    What's next?

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Darrell, yes I intend to expand this with a unit of Halberdiers to act as the third main body of infantry followed with hungunners and crossbows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always a real pleasure to look at such splendid pikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Expertly done Chris, full of character! Looking forward to a picture of the total bloc of 59 figure - should be quite a sight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers Soren, I will have plenty of pictures when based up!

    ReplyDelete