Friday, 22 August 2014

Richard IIIs mounted force so far!

It was 529 years ago today Richard III was slain at the battle of Bosworth, and the rest as they say is history, or so we thought!
 In recent years the real Bosworth battle sight has been discovered through good research backed up with archaeological evidence.
Map of location of new battle sight
The new battlefield
  Then the most amazing discovery of Richard himself buried under a car park in Leicester.
 

And here is what he was supposed to have looked like
As most of you will probably already know his skeleton bore some terrible wounds and one particularly horrible blow to the rear lower part of his skull which is the one that probably killed him, and backs up reports of the time that he was killed by halberd blow.

Clearly my kingdom, my kingdom for a horse was not on Richards mind in his final hour , and all accounts of his twisted back and fighting manfully in the thickest press of his enemies are evident in his bones.

 The actual events of Richards life and the battle of Bosworth are well known and written about so I will not ramble on any further here but get straight to my little contribution to the anniversary of Bosworth , I still need several more to do, mostly flag bearers and some lighter men at arms, but all in good time.








6 comments:

  1. Stunning work on the cavalry! great contrast with the red,silver, white colors and greenish/tan flocking bases...... lets see, um hmm... ok sell this unit for $350.00? :o)

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, ha ha nice offer, but these are my babies!

      Delete
  2. This cavalry is realy splendid, excellent work and great background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! I have my work cutout building my royal retinue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard , and thanks for enlightening me to your blog, following!

      Delete