Monday, 3 March 2014

Swiss Pike bloc based up and finished

All based and done!
I am not to great with terrain but dug out my box of trees and grass panel for the final photos of them all together. I could not resist taking a few shots of the Swiss going up against the artisan Landsknechts.  Ok there is a wee bit of a time difference between them but they make a colourful scene! I decided to leave the blood I spilled on the base and simply based over it!!In a weird way it  makes me feel a bond with them, albeit  purely by accident .
    My next largish project I would love to do is a mix of foundry and pro Gloria landsknechts in a similar set up to this group, well hopefully in near future but for now I am happy to give my hands a rest from extremely sharp and dangerous implements!
 Anyway once again thanks everyone for following and taking the time to comment and hope you enjoyed it and the photos!







20 comments:

  1. top notch! :o) these units look superb and fantastic.. You did an excellent job on this project, You have everything here Chris, great miniatures to work with and excellent color schemes and great basing/flocking of your units as well, simply - awesome!...

    well done Sir!
    cheers,
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic !!!

    A lovely unit you put together, very impresive

    The battle pictures are smaching, could have been a could of more of them, one from abowe maybe?

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, and thanks for your suggestion early on to add some battle debris on the front bases, I think it really added a bit of drama

      Delete
  3. Really nice stuff Chris.

    I'd love to see more pics of the Landskneckts too if you get the time(?).

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darrell
      Yes , I will try and get some photos of those artisan Landsknechts when I can! Hopefully within a week or so!

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Really excellent work on both the Swiss and their Landsknecht adversaries, and some lovely figs as well.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring. Great pictures - I agree with Darrell, more pics on the Landsknechts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soren, I will try and do a photo session of the Landsknechts in next week or so

      Thanks for following

      Delete
  6. The completed pike block looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding, cant say more than that really!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful looking unit!! Love the picture of the two pike blocks going head to head. Looking at this makes me wish I had the time to start my Italian Wars project.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Christopher, just couldn't resist taking a few snaps of the two together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great Chris - inspiration I'll go to, when I get around to finishing mine. What's next with your Swiss?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Simon, I actually got the extra enthusiasm to finish these after seeing your updated Swiss rear rankers, just when my motivation was dropping ! as it does !
    I hope to do two more Pike blocs this year, another Swiss and a Landsknecht!

    ReplyDelete